January 8th, 2018
- ALL GRADE 12 POTENTIAL GRADUATES:
As a final reminder, the application deadline to apply to University for September 2018 is next Wednesday, January 17. Please do not wait until the last day to apply as there will be slower online response times and delays. As well, if you still need to hand in community service hours for your diploma requirements, do so right away.
- Hey hawks! Are you a dog lover? Do you have a furry friend at home? If so, come to the upper foyer for Canine Cuisine, where you can buy treats for your pup. Prices start at 2 treats for $1, however you can only buy in groups of 2. All proceeds are going to the Humane Society. Hope to see you there!
- Happy New Year everyone!!!
This is a little “OMG! I can’t believe it’s 2018!” reminder that the GSA runs every Thursday at lunch in Room 303!!! All are welcome to stop by and check it out!! See you Thursday!!!
- Congratulations to Evan Kerr and Mauricio Estrada. They are this weeks Hawks of the Week from the varsity wrestling team. Way to go Hawks!
- Art Club this Thursday at lunch in the glass room, 306, to help work on the staircase mosaic! Remember to bring your lunch:)
- Did someone say girl power? That’s rightWednesdays at the beginning of lunch in room 332. All new members are welcome. See you there! JHSS, there will be a girls empowerment meeting on
- Wednesday’s are for Wellness!! Would you like to de-stress and relax during your busy day? Are you interested in enhancing your wellness and well-being? If so, come and join us in Room 232 on Wednesday’s at 11:00 a.m. to participate in lunch time Yoga! All students and staff are invited and everyone is welcome!!
- Breakfast Club! This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. Also, the Breakfast Club would like to Thank Mr Wamil’s baking classes for providing the yummy muffins to our program! ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- The Hawks Theatre Tech Crew meets all year and provides support for stage design and set up, lighting, sound, A-V, set, props, costume and makeup for various school events.
There are many opportunities to earn volunteer hours. For more information, stop by the upper foyer at lunch on Tuesday. The first HTTC meeting of the year will be at the beginning of lunch on Thursday in the drama Studio, room 250.
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.