April 18th, 2018
- Hey Hawks! Just one quick announcement before you go, if we could all take a moment to wish our 7 DECA students Devan Flaming, Navi Johal, Matt Rogers, Ashli Fisher, Michael Brigmohan, Naail Zubair, and Kevin Wong, as well as Miss.King who are leaving tonight to go represent and compete in Atlanta Georgia this following week! Good Luck! Lets make jhss history!!!
- In recognition of National Volunteer Week, the JHSS Breakfast Club would like to thank the incredible staff who volunteer their time to make sure our students have access to food each and every day here at Jacob! If you use this incredible program, please thank the staff members for their dedication to our community. Thank you especially Ms. Olsson for organizing, fundraising and supporting this important program at JHSS.
- Pizza Pizza Pizza Pizza anybody who has bought pizza can pick it up outside of the Cafe. Staff and students can also buy pizza on the spot also outside the cafe. A thank you from Mrs. Kings Entrepreneurship class for all those who have Bought pizza and supported Relay For life and Cancer research!!!!!!
Attention 2018 Grads! Please fill out your grad quote forms by Wednesday April 18th. If you did not receive a slip in your homeroom, you can come grab one from the Yearbook classroom (room 208).
- For those who are planning on attending the Waterloo County English Awards please note that your forms are due this Friday, April 20th in the English Office.
- Are you looking for volunteer opportunities to work towards your 40 hours of community service? Do you have an interest in fishing? The HELP A CHILD SMILE Fishing Derby will be held in Cambridge on Saturday May 26th, and they need volunteers to provide a fun filled event for children with cancer. If you are interested please come to Guidance for more information.
- Summer School Coop Information has arrived. If you are interested in the summer school coop program, please see your guidance counselor today.
- Are you feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Want to learn an excellent way to relax and manage the stress? Then come to 303 on Thursday at lunch, ALL ARE WELCOME!
- Do you have extra clothes that are too small or clothes you don’t want to wear anymore? Donate them to Jacob’s Closet. Donations will be accepted till April 20th. All items are accepted including shoes and other accessories. Whichever class fills the most bags of clothes, can win 500 homeroom points!!! The shopping event will be held in the west gym from April 23 to April 27. All the money raised goes to Relay For Life.
- Guys PowerFit Day
Jacob Hespeler will host The Guys PowerFit Day on Friday April 20. You do NOT need to be taking PowerFit to attend. Registration sheets can be found outside the Phys. Ed office. You need to register by Wed. April 18. Cost is $10.
- Weight Room Membership Deal
Want to feel better for spring? Have we got a deal for you. Weight Room Memberships will be $20 only after March Break. Please take advantage of this great offer.
- Breakfast Club! This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. Also, the Breakfast Club would like to Thank Mr Wamil’s baking classes for providing the yummy muffins to our program! ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- The Hawks Theatre Tech Crew meets all year and provides support for stage design and set up, lighting, sound, A-V, set, props, costume and makeup for various school events.
There are many opportunities to earn volunteer hours. For more information, stop by the upper foyer at lunch on Tuesday. The first HTTC meeting of the year will be at the beginning of lunch on Thursday in the drama Studio, room 250.
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.