September 22nd, 2018
- Boxing club – JHSS will be hosting it’s first boxing club. The first meeting will be held this Tuesday at lunch in the Aerobics room. See Mr. Salema, Mrs. Salema, Miss Spreitzer or Mrs. Santos for details
- DECA! DECA! DECA! DECA! Attension all DECA members a kind reminder that we will be having our DECA meeting in the Business wing on Thursday at Lunch. That’s Sept. 27 at the start of lunch.
- Are you a grade 11 or 12 student interested in pursuing a career in healthcare? Do you have a competitive streak? Do you want the opportunity to learn more about the skills necessary to work in the healthcare industry? If you answered yes to these three questions, then HOSA is for you. Come to a brief meeting in room 105 on Wednesday at the beginning of lunch to learn more.
- Did you sign up to join the JHSS Live Events Crew?
If you are interested in more information, and want to work crew for our first major event, please come to the Library at the beginning of lunch Tuesday September 25th. Also, just a head’s up that we will also be working after school on Wednesday and Thursday Sept. 26th and 27th.
Are you interested but missed the sign ups? Then just show up on Tuesday and we will add you to the crew!
- What does Anita Ko, Alexander McQueen and Ana Khouri (K-OH-r-ee) have in common? Creative Design! If you have a flare for fashion, love to use your hands to create or you are just curious… Mr. Johnson and Mr. Smith want you!
Starting next Wednesday at lunch, Mr. Johnson and Mr. Smith invite you to come to Tech Design (room 214) to learn the art of metal and rock jewelry design. You will learn to use different metals, recycle products and yes, even tumble rocks, to create one-of-a-kind pieces.
As part of Mr. Johnson’s Tech Design course (and a passion of Mr. Smith’s), you will get a taste of what it’s like when you combine art with tech. Jewelry Design Club. Wednesday at noon in room 214!
- Hi Hawks, are you looking for some community service hours this year? Don’t leave all your hours to your grade 12 year! Why not earn your hours while watching some top notch sporting entertainment? The Junior Football team is looking for a stick crew for our home games this year. There is no experience necessary. Just come see Mr. Hazenberg for more information!
- Attention Smile cookie decorators! This is just a reminder to those students who signed up to decorate smile cookies to show up at the time and location you chose. Also do not forget you are representing Jacob Hespeler so be the respectful Hawk we know you are and remember your volunteer sheet for the manager to sign.
- Student Cards have arrived. If you paid for one but did not receive it in your homeroom please come to the main office. Also if you would like to purchase on please come to the main office to see Mrs. Ellis
- Hey there Hawks…JHSS TENNIS club is meeting TODAY @ lunch in RM 339 in the Business Wing for a quick meeting about future practice times and dates.
Please swing by and register for this years Team.
- Students, you are required to have a locker, please give your locker combination to your homeroom teacher ASAP Students are not allowed to share lockers for security reasons. JHSS is not responsible for items that may go missing from your locker, the change rooms or anywhere on school property. Winter is coming!!
- Weight Room Memberships
If you have purchased your weight room membership on school day please come to the PE office to pick up your membership card.
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore?
Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your information.
- Breakfast Club This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.