June 18th, 2019
- Students who are not returning to JHSS in the Fall and do not have exams, please return your chromebook and cord to the Main Office TODAY, June 19.
- Graduating Students….. Your Chromebooks are to be returned to the school during your exam period. Chromebooks are the property of the Waterloo Region District School Board. You can return your chromebook & power cord to the cafeteria any day during exams from 8am to 11am. Please return them regardless of what condition they are in. Best of luck as you finish up your time here at JHSS and prepare for the next part of your life journey.
- The Secondary school Libraries are offering a Summer Reading Program
and online book club! If you are interested, you can join up in the Library. until June 24th! Your membership allows you to sign books out over the summer and return them in the fall! For more information, see Mrs. Johnston in the Library!
- Attention Graduating Students! Please check Google classroom named “Class of 2019” for new important information about University acceptance and application.
- Students have until their last day of school (Wednesday, June 19) or exams, to empty their lockers.
JHSS is not responsible for any items that are left in the lockers after June 26.
- Commencement 2019 will be held on Friday, October 11, tickets are $35.00. Please see the jhs website for more info.
- Summer School Information is in. If you are planning to take summer school this year, please see your guidance counselor for registration information.
- Students are reminded to check their emails for overdue Library notices. These electronic late slips are for both print materials and technology such as chromebooks and chromebook chargers. And, a word of warning that chromebooks and chargers are for the day only with one overnight grace period. Then late fees immediately begin to be accumulated. Any outstanding lates may result in your account being frozen!
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore?
Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your information.
- Breakfast Club: This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- Congratulations to Cathy Pither who received the volunteer of the year award second year running, through the nutrition for learning program!!! Cathy has coordinated and fund-raised for our breakfast for learning program at Jake since it began 7 years ago. Her countless hours of selfless dedication and service, often during the early hours of the morning, make a significant difference to our students everyday! Thank-you from the Hawks!
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.