December 8th, 2019
- Students & staff join us for a JHSS Festive Feast Lunch in the Cafetorium – Thursday, Dec. 19 – 10:40 – 11:35 $10.00 per ticket, available in the Main Office.
Turkey, all the Fixings & Desserts, Gluten free options, Vegetarian option – Eggplant Parmesan
- Hey Hawks! Starting today, December 9th we will be running our ANNUAL TOY DRIVE for needy children this holiday season. Each class participating will earn up to 250 homeroom points (based on approx $1 donation per student in the class). For every toy brought in, your class will be entered into a draw to win a holiday party filled with hot chocolate and treats! The last day to contribute is Friday December 13th. Toys should be delivered to Room 332 during period A. Good luck hawks!
- Today is BYO Banana day! For only $3 come buy a Delicious ice cream banana split in the upper foyer! If you don’t have your own banana you can buy one for an additional $1. All proceeds are going to the Firefighter’s Toy Drive!
- Hey Hawks!! As you may have noticed both the recycling AND the green bin program is up and running!!
We have three large green compost bins in the school available for composting: ONE is in the cafeteria; the SECOND is outside the kitchen door; and the THIRD is the front foyer. Please use these bins to dispose of food waste.
As for recycling, make sure you are putting your cans and bottles in either the large blue bins found in the Caf. or classroom blue bins.
Paper and cardboard go in PAPER recycling bins that are in each classroom or the very large bin outside by the tennis courts.
Your help in keeping your waste diverted, separated, and sorted will go a long way in our environmental goals as an ECO school!! Thanks for your help in making our school greener!!!
- The Breakfast Club is available and free to ALL JHSS students, Monday thru Friday between 7:30 am and 8:00 am! It is located in the Hawk’s Nest which is located across from the East Gym! We invite you to come and check it out anytime! There is always a staff member on hand to help out and answer any questions you may have.
- This is a reminder to ALL students who use the Breakfast Club to PLEASE Clean UP after yourselves! There are garbage cans and recycling bins available for use in the Hawk’s Nest. Please use them! Also, if you spill something, ask for a napkin or a cloth to clean it up. Please help out the volunteers by cleaning up after yourselves! Thank you!
- Hawks, Winter is Coming…please use your lockers which were assigned by homeroom in September. Please be sure that there is a combination lock on your locker.
Lockers are NOT to be shared. Please come to the main office at lunch if you need a locker or a combination lock for $6.00.
- Did you know! Student cards can still be purchased for $30.00 on School-day or paid in cash to the Main Office, during Lunch hour, every day. All students who HAVE purchased their student cards already, had their photos taken on photo day, and who have not yet picked up their card, can visit the Main Office during lunch hour, any day of the week to pick them up.
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore? Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your info.
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.