January 21st, 2020
- Attention all students – this is a very important message from your guidance department. All course changes for Semester 2 must be made by Wednesday January 29th. Please book an appointment online with your Guidance Counsellor to make any changes. There will be no elective course changes once Semester 2 starts.
- Semester 1 exams start Friday January 24th until Thursday Jan 30th. Friday January 31st is a PD Day. Semester 2 starts Monday February 3rd. If there is a severe weather day during exams and buses are cancelled anywhere in the Board, the exam will be postponed until the next day. For example, if buses are cancelled on Monday January 27th, Monday’s exam will be written on Tuesday, and Tuesday’s exam will be written on Wednesday and so on. Please make sure to listen to the local radio station or go to wrdsb.ca for up-to-date severe weather cancellations.
- Attention Students: If you are NOT returning to Jacob Hespeler after Semester one, please return your Chromebook and charger to the Library during exams which run from Friday, Jan. 24 to Wed., Jan. 29.
- Graduation is coming! Edge Imaging will be at our school on February 10th-14th 2020 to help students commemorate their senior year of high school. Students can make their photo session appointment by signing up online at bookmygrad.ca. For more information on graduation photo day, please visit edgeimaging.ca/graduation.
- Grade 12 students….Are you interested in the RCMP? There is a unique and fantastic opportunity for you to spend a week in Regina, Saskatchewan to “train like a Mountie”. Please check your class of 2020 classroom for more information. www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/national-youth-engagement-week
- Breakfast Club – will be closed during exams (Friday January 24th) until 2nd semester begins on Monday February 3rd. If you need a snack to help you get through your exam, you can get something outside the guidance office anytime during the day. Please only take what you need and think of others. Breakfast Club will be back in full swing on Monday February 3rd! Good Luck on your exams Hawks!
- Weight Room Memberships for Semester 2
Want to look great by March Break? Get your Semester 2 weight room membership now! Use it now and over exams. Memberships are $30 per semester.
- Hey Hawks!! As you may have noticed both the recycling AND the green bin program is up and running!!
We have three large green compost bins in the school available for composting: ONE is in the cafeteria; the SECOND is outside the kitchen door; and the THIRD is the front foyer. Please use these bins to dispose of food waste.
As for recycling, make sure you are putting your cans and bottles in either the large blue bins found in the Caf. or classroom blue bins.
Paper and cardboard go in PAPER recycling bins that are in each classroom or the very large bin outside by the tennis courts.
Your help in keeping your waste diverted, separated, and sorted will go a long way in our environmental goals as an ECO school!! Thanks for your help in making our school greener!!!
- The Breakfast Club is available and free to ALL JHSS students, Monday thru Friday between 7:30 am and 8:00 am! It is located in the Hawk’s Nest which is located across from the East Gym! We invite you to come and check it out anytime! There is always a staff member on hand to help out and answer any questions you may have.
- This is a reminder to ALL students who use the Breakfast Club to PLEASE Clean UP after yourselves! There are garbage cans and recycling bins available for use in the Hawk’s Nest. Please use them! Also, if you spill something, ask for a napkin or a cloth to clean it up. Please help out the volunteers by cleaning up after yourselves! Thank you!
- Hawks, Winter is Coming…please use your lockers which were assigned by homeroom in September. Please be sure that there is a combination lock on your locker.
Lockers are NOT to be shared. Please come to the main office at lunch if you need a locker or a combination lock for $6.00.
- Did you know! Student cards can still be purchased for $30.00 on School-day or paid in cash to the Main Office, during Lunch hour, every day. All students who HAVE purchased their student cards already, had their photos taken on photo day, and who have not yet picked up their card, can visit the Main Office during lunch hour, any day of the week to pick them up.
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore? Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your info.
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.