August 15th, 2023
Registration is now open for the 2023-24 International and Indigenous Languages Program (IILP).
About the International and Indigenous Languages Program (IILP)
For more than 20 years, the IILP has offered elementary and secondary students the chance to learn a new language, or improve their skills in their mother language, allowing them to communicate better with their family and community.
With more than 20 languages offered, the IILP builds on what Waterloo Region District School Board (WRDSB) students learn in the classroom during the week. Together, these experiences support students as they enhance achievement and provide opportunities that enable students to strive to reach their fullest potential, in learning and in life.
The IILP aims to help students to develop their:
- Oral communication skills
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
Classes are offered on Saturday mornings for both elementary and secondary students.
students must be registered in a day school and be at least 4 years old before December 31, 2023 to attend the IILP.
About the IILP for elementary students:
- Elementary classes are in-person
- Classes are run on Saturday mornings from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Registration closes March 23, 2024 (or earlier, if the class is full)
- Elementary classes start on September 30, 2023 and finish on June 1, 2024
- Languages offered for elementary classes
Secondary students can earn a course credit for taking part in the 110 hour courses offered.
About the IILP for secondary students:
- Secondary classes are virtual
- In-person classes may be offered in some languages on a case-by-case basis, based on interest for this format
- Classes are run on Saturday mornings from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Registration for full credit courses closes at 4:00 p.m. on October 13, 2023
- Secondary classes start on September 16, 2023 and finish on June 15, 2024
- Languages offered for secondary credit courses
How to Register
Register online by completing the Google Form:
Tips for Registering
- Please complete a separate registration for each child you wish to register
- All registrants will be contacted once their application has been accepted and processed
- There is no in person registration option available
Visit the International and Indigenous Languages Program 2023-2024 web page to learn more.
Categories: Home Page