March 18th, 2018
- There will be a Best Buddies meeting on Tuesday March 20, at the start of lunch in room 122. See you there!
- Weight Room Membership Deal
Want to feel better for spring? Have we got a deal for you. Weight Room Memberships will be $20 only after March Break. Please take advantage of this great offer.
- Congratulations to our music students who performed at Musicfest in Collingwood last Friday! These students competed with over 100 bands and music ensembles from across Ontario and made Jacob proud, receiving 3 Bronze awards for their strong musical performances. Please congratulate our honour award medal winners Kayla Burmaster (Jazz), Selena Li (Strings) and Rachel Cuahutle (Band), for their strong leadership and outstanding musical performances, and all our music students for their incredible efforts throughout the festival!
- Are you thinking of running for JHSS Co-President?
The applications for 2018-2019 Co-Presidency are now available! Please pick up the package from outside the PE office this week or see Ms. Macallum or Mr. Frayne for more details. Applications are due on the Monday after March Break!
- If you are a female student that would be interested in connecting running and it’s positive effects on mental health listen up. We are looking for all female students interested in participating in a 6 week training program to join our “JHSS Run for It” team. Our end goal is to participate in the ” 5 km SHOPPERS LOVE YOU Run for Women” in support of local women’s mental health programs. This is a fun, non competitive JHSS team, that will leave you feeling empowered and strong. Please join us for a quick information session at the beginning of lunch on Thursday in the Guidance Seminar Room. If you are interested, but are unable to attend the meeting, please see Mrs. Skowron in Guidance.
- Interested in having one of the best days of your life – then the Guelph Science Olympics is for you! The Guelph Science Olympics is an opportunity for students to work in teams to solve a variety of problems in physics, chemistry, biology, and geography. There are spots for both Juniors and Seniors! Anyone interested in attending the Guelph Science Olympics should sign-up in room 108 or talk to Mrs. Clifford. Don’t wait spots fill up very quickly. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity — talk to a science teacher TODAY!
- Reminder that the GSA runs every Thursday at lunch in Room 303!!! All are welcome to stop by and check it out!! See you Thursday!!!
- Breakfast Club! This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. Also, the Breakfast Club would like to Thank Mr Wamil’s baking classes for providing the yummy muffins to our program! ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- The Hawks Theatre Tech Crew meets all year and provides support for stage design and set up, lighting, sound, A-V, set, props, costume and makeup for various school events.
There are many opportunities to earn volunteer hours. For more information, stop by the upper foyer at lunch on Tuesday. The first HTTC meeting of the year will be at the beginning of lunch on Thursday in the drama Studio, room 250.
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.