December 11th, 2018
- Hey Jacob Hespeler staff and students, do you like to eat? More importantly do you like to eat Domino’s pizza?!?!
If you answered yes, then we have an offer for you! This Friday, December 14th at 2:15, the Domino’s Pizza on Holiday Inn Dr will be handing out 500 free servings of their cheesy bread to JHSS staff and students!
This is in celebration of an awesome Fall sports season, highlighted by the Football team’s victory at OFSAA!
Once again, 500 free servings of Domino’s Cheesy Bread at the store on Holiday Inn at 215 Friday, December 14th.
- JHSS is having our annual Festive Feast on Wednesday December 19th in the cafeteria! Tickets are $10 which includes turkey, all the trimmings, dessert and beverage!
“Gluten Free & Vegetarian options available “Tickets can be purchased in the office, in the kitchen or at the Breakfast Club! Please note regular cafeteria service will not be available on that day!!!
- Grade 10 Football Players!!
If you intend to play Sr. Football next year you must attend the Sr. Football Meeting – Thursday December 13th at the start of lunch in room 141. If you can’t attend this meeting please see Mr. White
- Night School Information for Semester 2 has arrived. If you are thinking about doing Night School, please make an appointment with your Guidance Counsellor for more information.
- The JHSS Chess Club is proud to announce its first tournament of the year.
If you are interested in participating, come to the library at lunch on Friday December the 7th to register.
The tournament will begin on Monday December 10. So don’t be stale, mate; come out and check, mate!
- Are you a crafty person? The Library will be hosting a Craft Fair the week before the Winter Break. For more information, or to book a table, see Mrs. Johnston in the Library, check out the information posters and fill out the interest form!
- Hey Hawks, it’s that time of year to not only celebrate, but to give back!
H.E.L.P. is a JHSS student run charity that stands for Homelessness Everywhere Lacking Publicity. They help provide support for those experiencing homelessness by giving away food and clothing to anyone in need.
If you have any hats, mitts, sweaters and especially socks you’re willing to donate, stop by the main foyer and drop them off. We will be giving them away at the H.E.L.P. table on Christmas eve at Kitchener City Hall.
Let’s help make a difference this Christmas Hawks!
- Attention Jr. Football players: order your championship rings and other SWAG here:
Online ring store: https://store.baronrings.ca/collections/jacob-hespeler
Online clothing store: https://jhssjrfootballchamps2018.itemorder.com/
- Hey hawks! Do you want to show your support for our trans brothers and sisters? The GSA is making posters to show our support for the community, so come down to room 303 at lunch on Thursdays to show your support!
- You knew it was coming Jacob Hespeler! Well, starting on November 1st, you will no longer be able to bring ANY disposable drinking containers into the Library! Falling in line with JHSS’s strive to be a greener, environmentally friendly place, only re-fillable, re-usable drink containers will be allowed in the Library.
Now is the time to “green up” and get your own personalized drinking container!
- Weight Room Memberships
If you have purchased your weight room membership on school day please come to the PE office to pick up your membership card.
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore?
Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your information.
- Breakfast Club This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.