March 19th, 2019
- Attention all members of both the Video Game Club and the Dungeons and Dragons Club! This Friday, March 22nd will be the day we will be taking our club photos for the yearbook. If you have been participating in either of these clubs this year, please make a strong effort to come out to your respective club meeting this Friday at lunch! Hope to see everybody in Room 330.
- Hey Senior Hawks! Which grade 12 do you think has the best smile? Who has the best hair? Who is the cutest couple? It’s time to take part in the 2018-2019 yearbook grad votes! Come to room 208 on Tuesday March 26. Polls open at 8:05 and will close sharply at 2:15. Only students from the current grade 12 year are allowed to vote. This will be a one day only event, so if you want your vote to count make sure you come to room 208 on Tuesday March 26.
- Please note the Breakfast Club will NOT be open on the day of the Literacy Test, Wednesday March 27th. The Breakfast Club will re-open as normal on Thursday March 28th but we will be CLOSED on Lit Test day!
- Are you interested in summer school coop? If you are in the Specialist High Skills Major program and need to complete your coop credits, this is a great opportunity for you. In order to apply for summer coop, you must meet with your guidance counsellor. Make your appointment today. Applications will close Thursday April 4, 2019.
- Any girls interested in participating in Powerfit Day on Thursday, March 28th should come to the PE office and pick up a permission form ASAP. Spots are limited. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity at JHSS.
- Attention all writers! The submission deadline for the Waterloo County English Awards has been extended until this Friday, March 22. Check out www.waterloocountyenglishawards.com for information on categories and submission guidelines. See Mrs. Santos in the English office if you have questions or want to make a submission.
- Attention! Attention!
If you are interested in attending the University of Guelph Science Olympics please see Mrs. Clifford in room 108!
The Guelph Science Olympics is open to both junior and senior students. It is a fun day of working in teams to solve various science problems. This year’s topics include The Great Spy Race, All About Equine (that’s horses) , Molecular Art to name a few.
- The Spring Spirit Wear store is now open for all students, teams, and clubs. The link is on the JHSS Web site, Twitter feed and Instagram Bio. A variety of hoodies, pants, t-shirts, and windbreaker jackets are available.
- Weight Room Memberships – $30.00
If you would like a weight room membership for Semester 2, please come by the phys. ed office to purchase your membership. You can also purchase on school day. Remember, you are required to have a weight room membership if you are using the facility outside of class time.
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore?
Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your information.
- Breakfast Club This is a reminder that ALL are welcome to the JHSS Breakfast Club! If you visit us, please remember to check mark a box on the sign in sheet. These check marks are very important as they help us with funding throughout the year. ALL students are welcome Monday thru Friday 7:30am – 8:00am in the Hawk’s Nest (across from the East Gym).
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.