October 17th, 2019
- Curling! If you have an interest in learning to curl please attend a brief meeting on Monday, October 21st at the start of lunch in room 108. No experience is required.
- You are invited! Come see what the PHOTOSHOP AND DESIGN CLUB is doing on Monday, Oct. 21 at lunch in room 307. We will be using your talents and ideas to create designs for school spirit throughout the school. The PHOTOSHOP and DESIGN club is new so bring your friends, bring your lunch, and bring your ideas to room 307 today at lunch.
- Attention all students interested in applying to University. The Ontario Universities Fair is coming to Cambridge where all 21 Ontario Universities will be represented. It will be held this Thursday October 17, from 6:00-8:00 p.m at the Cambridge Hotel and Conference Centre .
- If you were not able to attend the OUF in September, this is a great opportunity to gather more information about different schools and ask questions specific to your interests.
- Girls Girls Girls…come to the first JHSS Girls fitness club meeting next Thursday Oct 24th in the aerobics room. Come dressed to sweat!
- Attention grade 12 students! Graduation Photos for the class of 2020 are booked between Monday, November 4th – Friday, November 8, 2019. Information will be posted on the website and provided to families via School-day, along with an information sheet given to graduating students, in the coming week.
- Did you know! Student cards can still be purchased for $30.00 on School-day or paid in cash to the Main Office, during Lunch hour, every day. All students who HAVE purchased their student cards already, had their photos taken on photo day, and who have not yet picked up their card, can visit the Main Office during lunch hour, any day of the week to pick them up.
Also, get those smiles ready! Photo retake day will take place next Wednesday, October 16th, for those staff and students who didn’t already get their photos taken or need a second run at it. Don’t forget to bring your original photo package on Oct. 16 in order to have re-takes done!
- Take Our Kids to Work Day! This is just a heads up that information and permission forms for the “Take Our Kids to Work Day” will be distributed to all grade 9 homeroom classes early in October. Forms can be submitted from October 20th to November 4th. Please return completed forms to Mr. Salema in guidance by Friday November 1.
- Hey Hawks —
The YWCA Cambridge is hosting the “Equal Are We” conference in October on issues of inclusion, justice and creating real social change. It is an all day conference at Conestoga College — it is free!!! you get community service hours for attending!!!….oh and you get lunch too!! It sounds fantastic!
You need to be 16 or older to attend. Please see Ms. Barrett in Student Success for info!!
- Hey Hawks!! GSA GSA GSA is starting up!!
Did you know that you can be a part of making Jacob Hespeler a place where everyone feels safe and like they belong?
Come to 307 on Wednesdays at lunch to be a part of the GSA (Gay/Straight Alliance): to learn about issues of gender and sexual identity; to challenge homophobia and transphobia; and to just hang out and enjoy our beautiful diversity!
By the way, you heard it right: we’re in 307…we’ve moved down the hall…. repeat: GSA meetings will now be in 307!!!!
Don’t know what this all mean — join us — all students and staff are welcome!!
See you Wednesdays at lunch in Room 307!
- The JHSS Breakfast Club would like to welcome back all Hawks! The Breakfast Club is available and free to ALL JHSS students, Monday thru Friday between 7:30 am and 8:00 am! It is located in the Hawk’s Nest which is located across from the East Gym! We invite you to come and check it out anytime! There is always a staff member on hand to help out and answer any questions you may have.
- Hey Hawks!!! Great News! Did you know you don’t have to hand in your Community Service Sheet anymore? Simply log on to MyWay and click on the Community Involvement tab at the top and enter your info.
- Attention Hawks, please keep all valuable items in your locker or sports locker. JHSS is not responsible for any items that are lost including wallets, cash, personal devices, etc. If you lose your Chromebook or textbooks you will be responsible for reimbursing the school. Please do NOT leave items of value in the change rooms.